Sunday, March 8, 2009

Rugby/Mardi Gras

Friday I went to my first rugby match! It was between the NSW Waratahs and the Queensland Old Reds. We were rooting for the Waratahs who won 15-11, so that was pretty exciting! We had good seats, we were a few rows back and got to see many of the players close up. 19 was everyone's favorite :) We all had a couple of beers and a hotdog that we later found out was lamb. Definitely not the best hotdog I've ever had ha. The stadium was huge and the atmosphere was really fun, I plan on going to another game while I’m here. This weekend was the Gay/Lesbian Mardi Gras parade which is really big here. It was sat evening in downtown sydney on oxford street. It was super crowded and full of energy. The parade was televised and hosted by Pam Ann who we got to see close up from where we were standing. It was a pretty exciting day! After the parade me, sasha, & brit went to a bar called Trademark in Kings Cross. I start classes at UNSW tomorrow and I'm both nervous and excited. I'll be taking a Computer class, History on the holocaust, Management, and Australian cinema. I have classes mon-thurs with only 1 class on tues and no friday classes.

No comments:

Post a Comment